Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Blender 2.66a .DAE export problem
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Blender 2.66a .DAE export problem

Decided to use this same thread since the problem is similiar...

Spoiler below!
[Image: 3192013blenderexportpro.png]
Basically you can see the actual triangles of the model on the texture, it's their because of the normal map. I played around with the Diff/Norm/Spec settings in the ModelView, it's only the Normal Map that causes the issue.

I have had this issue before with a really large terrain I made a long time ago, I never deduced if the problem was because of the AO or the Normals, but I'm thinking it was the Normals. I don't have this issue with my other models, none of them show the Triangles appearing.
But whether it's in the ModelView/ModelEditor/LevelEditor/Game, the triangle appear if you look at it closely.

But in Blender and the texture files, their is nothing to say that this bizarre problem should show up. They look no different from my other models...

Blender Render Test
Spoiler below!
[Image: 3202013forkrendertest.png]

Normals
Spoiler below!
[Image: 3202013forknormaltest.png]

Diff
Spoiler below!
[Image: 3202013forkdifftest.png]

//Related but at the same time unrelated questions...
(1) How can I make and/or bake a "spec" map in Blender? I noticed that they tend to be greenish when I looked at examples from the FC models or the web.

(2) Why is that Blender messes up copying the materials over to the Exported folder location? I have all the textures in the same folder, but it either doesn't bring them over; renames them wrongly ("Untitled.png", "Untitled.Untitled003.png" or makes them completly black??)

(2a) Sometimes the ".mat" file generated has the wrong name ("Untitled.mat")

If I try to rename it, the ".dae" file won't recognize it. I tried looking through the file for "Untitled" and got a crap load of them, so I won't bother replacing. I just want to know how to avoid this...

(3) At the top left of the "ModelView" what is the "Texture memory usage: ... / ...Mb" mean exactly? A couple of my models averaged about 9000 kb / somewhere around 9.2Mb or only 9.2Mb.
03-21-2013, 04:04 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Blender 2.66a .DAE export problem - by Rapture - 03-20-2013, 03:15 AM
RE: Blender 2.66a .DAE export problem - by Rapture - 03-21-2013, 04:04 AM
RE: Blender 2.66a .DAE export problem - by Acies - 03-21-2013, 07:38 PM