The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with grunt maze pathfinding?
zergling50 Offline

Threads: 9
Help with grunt maze pathfinding?

I have a situation where you are in a maze like area and you have to run and try to find something while under the pressure of the monster chasing you (there are no dead ends only loop backs). The problem is of course that the grunt gets stuck and tries walking through the walls when I use ShowEnemyPlayerPosition instead of chasing down the player. Since I know actually coding some sort of improved pathfinding for the grunt is probably out of the question (too big of a task) I was wondering if there were any tips or tricks you guys had for accomplishing this? One idea I had was to set script areas randomly throughout the maze with a deactivated grunt near them and whenever the player walks over one it disables all the other grunts and activates that one, but I realized this would only work the first time and if the player ran back to that area and stepped on it the grunt would be somewhere else. I tried seeing if there was a method that let you move a grunt instantly somewhere else but I couldn't find anything. Any suggestions?
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2013, 02:55 AM by zergling50.)
04-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Help with grunt maze pathfinding? - by zergling50 - 04-06-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: Help with grunt maze pathfinding? - by NaxEla - 04-11-2013, 07:55 AM
RE: Help with grunt maze pathfinding? - by GrAVit - 06-12-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: Help with grunt maze pathfinding? - by GrAVit - 06-13-2013, 10:02 PM