Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should these opinion/disscussion scenario talks be kept in one thread, or each have a thread of their own?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep in one thread to prevent cluttering up the forums
0%
0 0%
Have new thread for each one to provide a more focused disscussion
100.00%
5 100.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How do you Voice Criticism Differently if it's Directly at the Creator?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: How do you Voice Criticism Differently if it's Directly at the Creator?

Honestly and in a forthright way, just like one should always do. However I am guilty of having occasionally lied, in a manner of speaking, if the conditions weren't optimal. For example, if I really do not want to engage in a long conversation or it was really not possible to talk. Like I heard this awful performance at a concert one time and later on ended up sitting next to the guy who gave it backstage, I just smiled and congratulated him on the performance. Under those circumstances, criticism is usually not welcomed by many. Although I would personally encourage it, you really can't be too sure and I try to always respect people's wishes. However, if someone asks me directly for my opinion, I generally do not lie. Even if it's a question where people expect to get a dishonest response.

EDIT: Also, what Funderbunk says. The artist may have a very good reason for his choices, especially if it's something highly subjective. For example, I find the cinematography in most movies to be awful, but it is part of a director's style. I may have certain standards for what constitutes good cinematography but ultimately I have no right to call incompetence without having all of the facts.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2013, 08:43 PM by Bridge.)
04-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you Voice Criticism Differently if it's Directly at the Creator? - by Bridge - 04-27-2013, 08:39 PM