Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How does one defiine good/bad taste in art, if at all?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: How does one defiine good/bad taste in art, if at all?

(05-12-2013, 01:26 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
(05-12-2013, 12:05 PM)Bridge Wrote: I truly pity people that listen to a composition and actively try to identify the structure and compare that to the rules they've been convinced are necessary.

Well, shit. I almost never enjoy music unless I can notice some sort of structure. Guess I'm in the contempt zone, then. Wink

That's not what I meant. He is talking about "accepted" forms of structure propagated by academics that are deemed proper. The human mind is designed to look for structures, so it is impossible to not do so. In fact, music is based on structures, so I suppose in a way what Chrono says is true. In this case, I am talking about being obsessed with classical structures. So that if a piece of music deviates from the rules you've been taught, it's of poor quality - which is bullshit. Why? Because they are completely arbitrary.
05-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does one defiine good/bad taste in art, if at all? - by Bridge - 05-12-2013, 02:07 PM