The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Screen goes permanently black after shutting off car battery
enorvelle Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Screen goes permanently black after shutting off car battery

Greetings all,

I recently purchased the OS X version of Penumbra: Overture, and have made it through the first couple of areas (the game is excellent, kudos to the developers!).

I have just crossed the electric fence which protects the storage room with gunpowder, dynamite, etc. Just behind the electric fence, there is what appears to be a car battery. When I touch this battery to turn off the fence, the entire screen goes black and the CPU usage hits the roof.

I can still hit [Tab] to pull up the Inventory screen, and I can hit [ESC] to get back to the menu (although both of these take a second or two to pop up, due to the CPU overusage).

The only "solution" is to quit the game and restart, but I'm stuck because I can't turn off the electric fence.

I am running a MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB memory, OS X 10.5.3. My version of P:O is 1.0.3.

Has anyone else run into this problem, or is there anyone from Frictional monitoring this forum that could help me resolve it?

Thanks,
Erik Norvelle
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2008, 08:24 PM by SparklyX.)
07-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Screen goes permanently black after shutting off car battery - by enorvelle - 07-03-2008, 06:31 PM