Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing Grunt Sounds
ExpectedIdentifier Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Replacing Grunt Sounds

(06-16-2013, 02:53 AM)zergling50 Wrote: So I watched some tutorials on how to replace sounds for a grunt and understand how it works pretty well. The only problem is that in the tutorial it tells you how to replace them for all grunts in all games, and I simply want to replace them for this custom story only. I moved a copy of the enemy folder in sounds and put it in my custom stories sounds folder and made the necessary changes to the monsters sound. It was really a doomed attempt as I was fairly sure it wouldn't work, and it didn't. I'm guessing I need to make a copy of the servant grunt and put it in an entities folder in my custom story and replace the sounds of this grunt, but im not sure how to tell the grunt to use the sounds in the custom story folder. Any help is appreciated.

Make a copy of the enemy you want to use and put it in your custom story's folder. There's two ways of changing the sounds, if you're not too savy with editing in notepad/notepad++ I would suggest doing it this way:

Open the copy of the enemy (.ent file) that's in your custom story folder with the Model Editor. Click settings at the top, then user defined variables. All of the sounds that the enemy makes can be changed in this window, as well as music that is played when the enemy is near, searching and attacking. For the sounds, you can browse to the ones in your custom story's folder. For the music, just write in the name of the music that's in your custom story's folder.

All these can also be changed just by opening the entity file in notepad too, which I suppose is the harder way, but still pretty easy as long as you read what you're changing Smile good luck!
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2013, 03:03 AM by ExpectedIdentifier.)
06-16-2013, 03:02 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Replacing Grunt Sounds - by zergling50 - 06-16-2013, 02:53 AM
RE: Replacing Grunt Sounds - by ExpectedIdentifier - 06-16-2013, 03:02 AM
RE: Replacing Grunt Sounds - by zergling50 - 06-16-2013, 05:45 PM
RE: Replacing Grunt Sounds - by zergling50 - 06-16-2013, 06:21 PM
RE: Replacing Grunt Sounds - by zergling50 - 06-16-2013, 06:53 PM
RE: Replacing Grunt Sounds - by zergling50 - 06-16-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Replacing Grunt Sounds - by zergling50 - 06-17-2013, 12:07 AM