Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
JENS OR ANYBODY who has all knowlege of SANITYEVENTS\HUDS.HELP!!!
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Could use some help with this script not working.

(07-09-2013, 11:09 AM)Adrianis Wrote:
(07-08-2013, 05:07 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: when i am ingame -> f1 "debugmode" -> and startsanityevent ,"my new HUD" it works ALWAYS...
but when i try in game entering a scriptarea, it just doenst work all the time, only randomly...

Had pretty much exactly the same experience testing out some custom sanity events being used in a particular way. I also tried editing settings for frequency as it made sense that a timer would be restricting it, due to the times where it would play or not. We were using 2 different events, normally one would play and not the other, however when booting Amnesia up for the first time it would almost always play both.

Even with the delay being set to 0 or 1, it didn't solve the issue, I spent several evenings investigating the issue but couldn't get anywhere with it. My guess would be there's some restriction in the source code that is responsible that we're not aware of.

Personally, my advice would be - don't use sanity events like that, they're clearly under-documented, so there's a fairly big risk of it breaking for some players even if you think you have solved the issue - i.e. if you don't know the cause, it can work all the time but you're never going to know if it's actually solved. If there is any other way to achieve what you want, do that instead.

On the other hand, if you do keep searching, please let us know if you find the solution!

Thank you for your reply,
I have been searching and experimenting for hour hours\days days...
Still can't find the solution..
However i have one more try..........
IF i have found out i will let you know here on the forum.
-
IF NOT, maybe someone who knows tis problem,
be free to let me \ us know!
This part is CRUCIAL in this full conversin!!!
Thanks again for bumping and helping,
07-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could use some help with this script not working. - by DnALANGE - 07-09-2013, 02:25 PM