Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How To Import Custom Enemies?
GoreGrinder99 Offline

Threads: 47
RE: How To Import Custom Enemies?

(08-04-2013, 08:54 PM)FurtherGames Wrote: I downloaded a set of custom monsters and I put them in;

Program Files (x86)/Desura/Common/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/Entities/Enemy

But they didn't seem to show up.
The set included;

"Girl"
"Jaguar"
"Horseman"

I couldn't find a link, sorry.

I hope this helps.

1.Place this line in your resources.cfg file for your custom story or conversion mod - <Directory Path="/nameofdirectory" AddSubDirs="true" /> Change the "nameofdirectory"to the name of the custom location of your folding holding the custom files.

2.Place the desired files in their proper locations. The "girl" will go into the entities folder in your custom story or conversion since it is an entity and the "jaguar" will have to be placed into the static_objects folder for your custom story or conversion.

3.Load up any entity in the editor you want to be the girl and click the "entity file" browser at the bottom of the general tab and go to your folder where you placed the girl, which should be in your custom location and select it and save. Do the same for the jaguar but this time select a static object to be replaced for the jaguar.

4.After saving the files in the editor after changing them to the wanted item, open the model editor and open the files you have replaced with the original objects, the girl and the jaguar. Give them their required attributes in the settings "User defined variables" option. The girl will have to be an NPC and the jaguar a static prop. After that save and load up the game and it should be working.

-Grind to the Gore-
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013, 01:40 AM by GoreGrinder99.)
08-06-2013, 01:37 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
How To Import Custom Enemies? - by FurtherGames - 08-04-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: How To Import Custom Enemies? - by The chaser - 08-05-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: How To Import Custom Enemies? - by The chaser - 08-06-2013, 12:24 AM
RE: How To Import Custom Enemies? - by The chaser - 08-06-2013, 09:19 AM
RE: How To Import Custom Enemies? - by GoreGrinder99 - 08-06-2013, 01:37 AM
RE: How To Import Custom Enemies? - by The chaser - 08-06-2013, 10:03 AM
RE: How To Import Custom Enemies? - by The chaser - 08-06-2013, 03:50 PM