Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.82 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
Peci Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3

(08-20-2013, 11:51 AM)droog Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 11:41 AM)Peci Wrote: Now some more plot guessing before it’s too late! ;D

Someone said earlier that the cover art pig mask/statue seems to have Mayan style painting on it. I too looked at some pics and tattoos and I personally agree. The last teaser poem mentions “jungle”. The Lacandon Jungle is a vast rainforest which is partly in Mexico. The jungle is also home to some of Mexico’s most numerous and impressive archaeological sites, all of which belong to the Mayan civilization (wikipedia sitation). Was it Samuel who said that the “pig with luchador mask” is quite close. Well luchador masks are based on ancient Mayan, Aztec and later Christian missionary masks.

The more I read about Mexico’s religion, the more I understand it’s perfect for a horror backstory. Old Mayan (and Aztec) cultures with (animal) spirits, gods and human sacrifices are mixed with European Catholic beliefs and later Spiritism, Voodoo and etc. There is so much to choose from. Some AAMFP pics had a cross in them so Christianity is somehow in the mix. Also domestic pigs were introduced to America by Europeans.

This is going quite far but what the heck. The official description says the “the expedition ended in tragedy”. The last poems tell about Old Lily dying, and Old Lily dreaming about the jungle. The second poem -probably- talks about Oswald and his wife mourning after their children and trying to bring them to life with spiritualism. Maybe Old Lily is his wife and they went to Mexican Jungle to find somekind of a powerful Mayan artifact to bring the kids to life, but she died. And I bet Amnesia Universe’s Orbs are somehow linked (the cover art pig has a curious symbol on it’s forehead).

Really great ideas in there. Smile I also think one topic of the game will be reanimation. I would like to hear your thoughts about the machine. What's the purpose of that? Is it really a machine?
Here's an -I think exclusive- "description" from gog. Posted this already a few pages back, but nobody react to it. Big Grin I find it quite interesting, because I think here we have a description of the games beginning (in Oswalds fever dreams?).

Cold sweat running down my back, I sit wide awake in my bed. Before the fever is back, I have a moment of clarity to reflect upon my dreams. The noise of the machine that haunts them still sounds in my head. The visions of infernal machinery are driving me insane, never revealing the installations whole form nor purpose. All I'm certain about is my fear. The cold sting of its needle pierces right through my heart. The world feels more and more like a small cardboard box, and its walls are getting closer, and closer. Finally, they will close on me and trap me inside, like in a little coffin. Even though the window is open, and the cold, damp air of the London night extends its tendrils down my lungs, I don't feel that I can breathe freely as the fear consumes me. I can hear that infernal engine again. Strange, I could've sworn I'm not asleep anymore.

Thanks a lot droog! Big Grin I did notice the new description and it is much more detailed than previous ones - very interesting. I have to think about these things and return to the topic later.
08-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: New AAMFP Screenshots! (16.8.2013) - by jens - 08-16-2013, 10:45 AM
RE: New AAMFP Screenshots! (16.8.2013) - by Draug - 08-16-2013, 10:47 AM
RE: New AAMFP Screenshots! (16.8.2013) - by Draug - 08-16-2013, 10:53 AM
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3 - by Peci - 08-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Improved AI - by summit - 08-24-2013, 07:43 AM
RE: Improved AI - by PutraenusAlivius - 08-24-2013, 07:55 AM
RE: Improved AI - by felixmole - 08-24-2013, 08:26 AM
RE: Improved AI - by summit - 08-24-2013, 08:48 AM
RE: Improved AI - by felixmole - 08-24-2013, 08:55 AM
RE: Improved AI - by Googolplex - 08-24-2013, 11:23 AM
RE: Improved AI - by felixmole - 08-24-2013, 11:29 AM
RE: Improved AI - by Googolplex - 08-24-2013, 11:45 AM
RE: Improved AI - by felixmole - 08-24-2013, 11:52 AM