Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Is it worth it lowring your standards to enjoy something more?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I place enjoying myself irrationally as being more important than being a critic.
38.46%
5 38.46%
No, a lackluster piece of work is a lackluster piece of work, and I refuse to adjust my standards for such a thing.
38.46%
5 38.46%
Other type of answer (State below)
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What is the Point in having High Standards?
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: What is the Point in having High Standards?

If we're talking games, I don't think there is a "standard".

With me, I need to get hyped about a game before I buy it. Nothing with standards.
It's all about how it works. The concept.
Look at the Portal series. I'd never seen that concept before, and I got so hyped that I bought the number 2 right away... Or when my dad helped me buy it, cause I had no creditcard back then...

Mirrors Edge.
I didn't see anything about this game though, but as soon as I tried the first level I knew it was a good thing that I bought it. This game has great graphics but is from 2008. Talk about high and low standards as much as you want. I just want really enjoy the concept of being a runner.

Minecraft was also a great simple concept, but completed to the fullest. This could be low standards, but I bet it's the concept that pulled most of the people towards it.

Trying is the first step to success.
08-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the Point in having High Standards? - by FlawlessHappiness - 08-17-2013, 11:46 PM