Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Co-op mod arguing prolem want ppl opinions here!
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Co-op mod arguing prolem want ppl opinions here!

Hi.

All this is written with no intentions to offend anybody.

First thing first.
You only get the best results from speaking politely to each other, and remain patient. Being angry solves nothing. So if you cannot reply politely then it's probably best to wait a couple of hours.

Now I've been reading both sides, and chatting a little with Dna. Here is what I get:

Humi starts the mod
Humi recruits Dna as scripter while Humi does the mapping.
Humi is taking his time because of stuff that is none of my business.
Dna begins to create some maps, and custom stuff for the mod.

Dna
Humi writes that you both set some rules, where in which Humi is mapper and Dna is scripter.
Humi might be slow but then you must just keep patient. I'm sure Humi knows what he's doing.
I don't know if you just started mapping, or if you asked him first. But you must listen to Humi when he says he isn't sure if he likes it when you do the mapping. This you must respect Smile

Humi
Dna is afraid that for the work he has done he isn't going to be credited very well, since you are the one uploading the map, and it might be you who get all the credit, since it's your name on it. I'm sure that you would credit Dna for his work. I see no problem in Humi uploading as long as Dna is credited. Smile

The whole "Mod leader"-thing goes over my mind. Nobody is the leader. You're cooperators working together to create something. Maybe one works a little harder than the other, but that doesn't mean he is better and has to be in charge of the other. This is my opinion.

With that said both of you must come to an agreement.

The best thing could be for you both take a day break, then return to the modding with clear understanding in how it's going to work out.

The worst thing is that you remain enemies and the mod is abandoned.

You choose.

Side note: Unused maps are not wasted work, but experience.

If you've already chosen the worst one, you should still try to read what I've written.

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013, 10:39 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
08-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Co-op mod arguing prolem want ppl opinions here! - by FlawlessHappiness - 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM