Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Everybody's Gone To Rapture Announced
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Everybody's Gone To Rapture Announced

Quote:So why not do it at some point?

There are a lot of possibilities behind that.

For one. Maybe Sony outright owns the rights to Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, now. We don't know if TCR retains the rights or not. If TCR does still own it, they're probably under contract in which it would be a timed exclusive or Sony just has full publishing rights. Who knows? If it would be timed exclusive, TCR definitely wouldn't be selling that fact this early on. Sony does want this as a marketing push for their system.

I'm bummed out about this, too. But I do think a lot of people are going too far with their hatred. There definitely are many, understandable reasons for TCR to go this route. If they wanted to make the game to the scale they imagined it, without needing to cut back due to lack of resources.

And, Chrono. As for why people would be annoyed. Exclusivity in general is a reasonable annoyance, I think. Hard to really enjoy the games medium with releases so fragmented and locked into first party hardware. Especially when this one was announced for the PC first, before this Sony deal.
08-23-2013, 05:54 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Everybody's Gone To Rapture Announced - by Draug - 08-21-2013, 07:49 AM
RE: Everybody's Gone To Rapture Announced - by Nyarlathotep - 08-23-2013, 05:54 AM