Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*

(08-24-2013, 09:29 PM)felixmole Wrote:
(08-24-2013, 08:58 PM)Scraper Wrote: One game given away for free, 2 million subscribers see the video and few hundred (maybe thousands if lucky) pre-order the game because of it.

Interesting... I hope he won't reveal too many spoilers to his viewers... I hope FG/TCR prepared for this and possibly put in a few random events for them.

Of Course there will be spoilers! He's doing a montage video, of him getting scared by different events! I haven't watched the video and I won't until I've done a playthrough and a review based on my personal opinions and expressions of it.

Also if they really had to make an announcement like this, why couldn't they do an announcement at gamescom or some other related event. Seriously, It feels like FGConfused like:

-Hey, instead of showing our dedication to our fans and do something more related to our actual community base. Why not give away a free copy to a youtuber with a very bad reputation among FGConfused community. That'll make them excited to play/produce content for our game...

Also it's a horror game! The main aspect of a horror game (at least for me) is the constant fear of what to come the unknown in other words... When I played TDD for the first time I had no idea what to expect and that made me horrified of what could be lurking around in the shadows...
And people watching his montage and then decides to buy the game will have a whole other experience playing it.

There will probably be several moments were people will be like

-Oh shit! I remember this, this is gonna be horrifying.

But due to the fact that they new what was going to happen, they didn't get as scared as they would if they would've been caught of guard, by surprise (that also is a main factor in horror games)

So before I write to much to give a fuck about, I'm just gonna say that this is my personal opinions and I have no rights commanding other human beings to act in a certain way. So if you think this is right then that's fine with me, I just lost a lot of faith in FG due to this...

- Inactive account -
08-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK* - by Artyom - 08-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Wait, What? [PDP] [SPOILER] - by summit - 09-02-2013, 10:28 AM