Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*
General Consensus Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*

(08-28-2013, 09:50 PM)Vertical Wrote:
(08-28-2013, 09:31 PM)Plectrum61 Wrote: Nothing special in my opinion. Just a pig carcass like Vertigo said. However with the release being so close, I'm getting really curious what this 'machine' is and what it is build for. It's not build for just slaughtering pigs if it even is a normal machine.
About the line: "Well that all rather depends, professor, on what one considers to be a pig", are there any ideas why Oswald suggests that they could use humans for the 'appetite' of such a machine'?

I doubt it was for any benevolent purposes. I find only two possibilities that might stood behind this decision:

1. Expanding his business, although I think it might be too simple for Amnesia and he's already a wealthy industrialist after all; why risk everything?
2. Getting something in return from the Machine (or from something/someone that needed him to fuel it).

Hi, long time lurker.

I assumed from what we know from the background of machine for pigs and from the Dark Descent the below theory.

Mandus has kids right, and a tragedy befell him in Mexico: so what if one of the kids died there, sending Mandus into depression and madness. He races back to London, eager to find a cure for "death." Pigs are anatomically close to humans right? He creates the pig monsters as a means of experimentation to bring the kid back, failing that he possibly discovers Alexander's notes about vitae. Fast forward to current events and machine springs to life. The machine acts as an industrial grade harvester of vitae, hence the need for human victims, and maybe this vitae is used in the machine for keeping one of the kids alive? The pigs are carrying out the bidding that the machine is programmed for, grabbing more people to feed its appetite.

My theory is probably completely crackpot, but I felt like putting it out there.
08-29-2013, 01:32 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK* - by General Consensus - 08-29-2013, 01:32 AM
Wait, What? [PDP] [SPOILER] - by summit - 09-02-2013, 10:28 AM