Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*

(08-29-2013, 09:35 PM)Peci Wrote: I'm a sad little piggy because nobody took my teaser hook Sad

This already is a spoiler thread but don't open this unless you want to read stuff from the video:

Spoiler below!

The sentence I was refering to was "random shit".

precious eagle cactus fruit is far from random shit. It's the sacrificial heart taken from the chest in a ritual.

"Heart sacrifice was the most common method used by the Aztecs, and was also used among several other cultures of Mesoamerica. The heart was seen as the divine vessel of a person's teyolia. As such, it was the most precious thing that could be given to the gods, the most nourishing food of the gods. In sacrificing a person's heart, the god being sacrificed to was given the most potent energies of life and the soul. This gift helped to further empower the gods."

Also. You can see that an owl is following the player.

Mictlantecuhtli in Aztec mythology, was a god of the dead and the king of Mictlan (Chicunauhmictlan), the lowest and northernmost section of the underworld. He was one of the principal gods of the Aztecs and was the most prominent of several gods and goddesses of death and the underworld. The worship of Mictlantecuhtli sometimes involved ritual cannibalism, with human flesh being consumed in and around the temple.

Aztec associated owls with death, so Mictlantecuhtli is often depicted wearing owl feathers in his headdress. Mictlantecuhtli is God of: Death South Owls Spiders Dogs (because Aztecs believed that dogs accompanied souls to the underworld). (Lots of dog paintings)

I originally thought the game will include the Mayans as they are an older culture, but Aztecs really took the sacrifice stuff to whole new levels. There is a ton of other interesting things but I'll return to that later.

You sir, are what makes gaming communities great and are the reason I do and will continue to make games.

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
08-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK* - by samueljustice00 - 08-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Wait, What? [PDP] [SPOILER] - by summit - 09-02-2013, 10:28 AM