Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*
Peci Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*

gggGGREAT droog!

My google-fu isn't that good when searching for German stuff, but I'd like to know if that is a real poem, or one made for this game. At least I didn't find a match. For this theory I presume it's not real life.

Spoiler below!

This next thought refers to the first poem, that has been puzzling me ever since it was published in April. But more on that later. The main thing is that there are hints of spiritualism.

Notice that the poem is placed on a music stand, near a piano, in the dining hall. I think it was used as a hymn/chant/spell in spiritualist meetings. I talked about the high level of popularity of spiritualism in the middle and upper classes during 1890's (in some thread a long time ago).

I read that there is a difference between 'normal' spiritualism and spiritualism that was practised in protestant countries. Both Anglican and German churches are protestant. Protestantism in the matter of fact started in "Germany" (the Holy Roman Empire).

As Spiritualism emerged in a Protestant Christian environment, it acquired features in common with Protestantism, ranging from its moral system to practices such as Sunday services and the singing of hymns.

Most dramatically, Christianity, [...] has traditionally asserted that there will be a bodily resurrection of the dead, and a physical, not merely spiritual, afterlife. This view is self-evidently incompatible with Spiritualism, where the merely spiritual existence is superior to the embodied one.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 02:18 PM by Peci.)
08-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK* - by Peci - 08-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Wait, What? [PDP] [SPOILER] - by summit - 09-02-2013, 10:28 AM