Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*

(09-01-2013, 02:54 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 02:41 PM)emaper Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 02:07 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 01:37 PM)Ossie Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 12:56 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote: But what about the giant victorian chandeliers? Every time the house shakes they never fall.

Is the roof really that strong?

Due to the weight of chandeliers they are often very securely bolted to strong wooden beams.

And how are they lit/installed?

Why are you so interested in those appliques, chandeliers and lamps?
About the chandelier, it is anchored to a girder with a hook. Sometimes, if the chandelier is too heavy, it is fixed using a sort of tie rods, which avoid to concentrate the weight in just one point. I had the opportunity of help a men to raise an old brass chandelier... so heavy!!

BTW, I'm not specialized or even interested in those things... If I know something, is just because I followed step by step the construction of my home. Consider it general culture, that never hurt anyone Big Grin

So... Before they raise it they lit them?

Interesting.

Well i have my reasons on why i am interested in these lights Tongue

The really old candle chandeliers would often be on a rope and pulley system so that they could be lowered to light the candles, then they were hoisted back up into the ceiling space. Alternatively people would use a very long stick or rod (lit at one end with a candle, burning rag, etc) to light the candles without having to lowering the whole chandelier first.

(09-01-2013, 02:55 PM)cantremember Wrote: I don't want to watch the videos, but what is the level set up like. Is it hubs with rooms connected like in the first Amnesia, or is it more linear, or more open ended?

Going by the 25/30 minutes vids that I've seen it's certainly not linear. Exploration is required and it looks like it would be fairly easy to briefly get lost if you have no sense of direction. But that's a good thing - makes it more of a challenge. Smile

I'm looking forward to seeing maps made of the game. Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2013, 03:28 PM by Ossie.)
09-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK* - by Ossie - 09-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Wait, What? [PDP] [SPOILER] - by summit - 09-02-2013, 10:28 AM