Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Updating script support, taking requests
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Updating script support, taking requests

I remember that when I toyed with the Custom Story Development Kit, I was mostly experiencing problems with handling the monsters.
  • A function to give away the player's position to the monster, but without having it chase the player. Just have him look around where the player was at the moment the function was executed, just like if the player had made some noise.
  • A callback function that is called when the monster (1) searches for the player (alert) (2) chases the player (attack) (3) gives up chasing the player (idle), for example void MonsterTriggered( enum State state, const Monster & monster) (C++ syntax here; sorry have forgotten the AngelScript syntax). The level editor could just leave a blank where the developer can choose to define a callback function for a monster entity.
  • A function to force the monster to forget it was chasing the player, to use for example when it gets stuck into a wall or breakable door. Make it as though it lost track of Daniel and just go back to its route. [Note : I am not sure if this can be achieved by calling SetEnemyDisableTriggers().]
  • A function to check whether the monster can be seen/heard by the player, that could be used to force the monster to despawn without letting it finish its course.

Note: it has been a long time since I haven't touched the level editor, I have forgotten many things about it, but these are the points I (think I) can remember.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2013, 02:50 PM by felixmole.)
08-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updating script support, taking requests - by felixmole - 08-27-2013, 10:39 AM