Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Updating script support, taking requests
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Updating script support, taking requests

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but please add support for including other Angelscript modules/files. That would be a great!

Also if player input can be sent to the script as a set of callbacks that'd be neat. There are lots of neat things I used to try to do that required key press callbacks, but had to hack together a way of detecting WASD input using script areas and such.

Disable/enable player lean left/right function.

Change the speed of time much like Justine introduced changing global sound speed.

Expand AI behavior. Change hostile/non-hostile, perhaps add ability for them to move to or attack entities like barrels or other NPCs. I remember I wanted to make an NPC-like entity which would follow the player around. I ended up hacking up a really messy implementation by using a cockroach with a negative flee rate, so it ended up following the player instead of running away.

Treat the player more like a true entity. I can't perfectly recall but some functions don't treat the player like an entity. Just checked: GetEntitiesCollide doesn't support the player, would be nice if it did!

That's all I can think of right now. Been a while since I've modded TDD. I've since forgotten my pet peeves with the scripting interface for HPL2.

08-29-2013, 01:43 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updating script support, taking requests - by palistov - 08-29-2013, 01:43 AM