Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can the sexism in these types of games stop?
Babomancer Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop?

(09-11-2013, 09:05 AM)Tombcool Wrote: It's not dumb at all... there is just a bunch angry men coming at me because they don't want a full-length survival horror game with a female protagonist.

I guarantee if Frictional Games made the next game with a female protagonist you would be pretty pissed.

I don't understand where you are getting this. I don't care who the lead character is, if it's a great game I'll be happy. If the lead character is female and it's also a great game, all the better. What's the big deal?

(09-11-2013, 09:05 AM)Tombcool Wrote: Can a female please state her opinion on this?

Like Jens said, their team is all male, writing what they know. Similarly, the vast majority of the industry is populated by males, and likewise for the consumer base. As the saying goes, you write what you know, hence the disproportionate number of male-dominated games vs female-dominated games. If you don't like it, then work on female-centric games yourself and get others to do so as well.

(09-11-2013, 09:05 AM)Tombcool Wrote: And there are a lot of people that think the way I do. A lot of people would love a new female protagonist in a survival horror game.

No, most people are reasonable and don't expect every game designer out there to be freaking Joss Whedon.

(09-11-2013, 09:05 AM)Tombcool Wrote: I am just suggesting something, like any fan would do for a game in development.

The game is not in development. It was released yesterday.

By the way, there was an incredible AAA survival horror game with a female lead that came out about 10 years ago. Eternal Darkness, maybe you've heard of it? More likely you were too busy hating on men to notice. Dodgy
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 09:33 AM by Babomancer.)
09-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop? - by Babomancer - 09-11-2013, 09:31 AM