Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can the sexism in these types of games stop?
Elmatpe Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop?

I was about to state my opinion on the matter as a woman but amnesiaPUZZLES already said what I was thinking Wink

(09-11-2013, 05:34 PM)amnesiaPUZZLES Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 09:05 AM)Tombcool Wrote: Can a female please state her opinion on this?

I am a female, and I love the FG games. AAMFP is a story of a person, who was a 19th century industrialist—a man was much more likely to be one at that time.

If FG (or TCR, in this case) feel that it was easier for them to create a male protagonist, in order to make him convincing, I'm perfectly fine with it. I'd prefer to play as a believable male protagonist, than an unreliable and weak portrayal of a female. (At this point, I must mention that Justine was a very interesting, yet terrifying character to relate to, and you guys certainly did not fail. Wink )

As a player, I love the aspect of being put in a fictitious character's shoes. Both males, females, their different gender roles and personalities. I knew what the game was gonna be all about, if I hadn't liked it, I would've never bought it.

And hey, wasn't the character in the original Slender (the 8 pages) also a woman? At least she/he did breathe in a way that made him/her sound like a woman. BUT OF COURSE it doesn't count because it was a ridiculously short game and it didn't matter what the gender of the player was right???
09-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop? - by Elmatpe - 09-11-2013, 07:39 PM