Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can the sexism in these types of games stop?
RigorM Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop?

(09-11-2013, 06:55 PM)Tombcool Wrote: Do none of you find it wrong that there hundreds of video games out there with male playable characters and practically only three or four with female playable characters? And the fact that has gotten worse in the past few years....

I can see your point, but I don't really think it has anything to do with sexism. It's just that developers tend to create main characters that are of the same gender as they are. Most people can relate better to the motivations of a character that's the same sex. I'm a 42 year old man and would find it a bit difficult to portray a 25 year old female character. I couldn't even do that when I was 25.

Although the ranks of women in the industry are steadily getting larger, most developers are stilll by and large... dudes.

I know they're old, but I always liked the "No One Lives Forever" games. I thought those had a strong female protagonist.
09-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop? - by RigorM - 09-11-2013, 08:44 PM