Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can the sexism in these types of games stop?
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop?

(09-11-2013, 09:50 PM)cronuss Wrote: As a male, I find it insulting that the protagonist is always a male going mad and doing terrible things. Why isn't it ever a female that gets depicted as a murderous lunatic? Yeesh.

I'd like more games like Silent Hill 3 - Heather was the only female protagonist in the entire series, but she was a relatively believable and appropriate character for a horror game.

Including more female protagonists in games, particularly the first-person perspective, would gradually allow players to empathize with them more and grow accustomed to seeing them as not different to men. Justine isn't exactly the best example, but at least she's as physically inept and cruel as Mandus and Daniel.

I was struck by how the one female character in AMFP was dead - even Amnesia 1 and Penumbra had female voice actors. Maybe the new Frictional and TCR projects will change this? It'd be nice to have some actual interaction with characters in upcoming games...

Spoiler below!
Seeing people getting slaughtered by pigs isn't really what I'd hoped for.
09-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop? - by Alardem - 09-11-2013, 10:26 PM