Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can the sexism in these types of games stop?
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop?

I like how you're admitting to be too lazy to imagine yourself as a woman. It is no problem to imagine yourself as a wealthy lunatic/ex-Pinkerton/space marine/scientist-turned-action hero - but it's absolutely impossible to imagine being a lady. Perish the thought of being those frailer, flightier beings!

(This whole thread is troll bait and I hate that it's taking up so much debate space that should be dedicated to the story - but I may as well chip in if everyone and their pig has descended upon this topic to blindly defend themselves.)

I'll restate my own thought on AMFP's treatment of this issue: Lily is the only female character, and she has zero presence in the story aside from a symbol of lost love. A Victorian cliche, a regurgitation of Esther, a lost opportunity. It doesn't damn the game, but I do wish they had a ghostly woman involved in there somewhere. Or Tabitha Stepwood, the woman who provided orphans for Mandus.

But then again, the cast is pared down to a battle between a wealthy monster, his grieving doppelganger, and his boys. Not much room for interaction with any other characters...
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 06:27 AM by Alardem.)
09-12-2013, 06:21 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop? - by Alardem - 09-12-2013, 06:21 AM