Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can the sexism in these types of games stop?
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop?

(09-12-2013, 08:54 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 08:04 AM)Kman Wrote: sure is anita sarkeesian in here

I was thinking the exact same thing.

The whole attitude of: 'Why doesn't the gaming industry pander to my gaming preferences?' With that really entitled attitude. I also hate the way she removes cutscenes from their context to attempt to prove her erroneous point.

Seems like projection. She's a chick, not a dude. Quite a lot of women play games - she's just pointing out ways in which games can change in future to be less alienating to a large number of human beings (and help devs sell more copies, if you care about that kinda thing.)

I won't say I'm surprised by this defensiveness, but I am bored. Surely it's easy for this harmless woman to just make a bunch of sensible observations without assuming that she wants all men to be fed into a grinder. (lol)

EDIT: God damn it, can someone move this thing to the Off-Topic thread? People keep spewing out their knee-jerk reactions and it's boring. I'm happy to talk about gender issues, but this is not the forum for such things. This is a forum for pigs, fit only for the discussion of pigs.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 09:04 AM by Alardem.)
09-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop? - by Alardem - 09-12-2013, 08:59 AM