Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can the sexism in these types of games stop?
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop?

(09-12-2013, 09:17 AM)Kman Wrote: like with portal i wasn't thinking "ugh i would totally be doing all this different if i was a guy" no i was thinking "these puzzles are fucking complex holy shit how do i solve this". i dunno where so many people get this idea that when you're playing a game your gender or whatever other characteristic your character has is constantly driven into you and reminding you of it, because really i'd say like 95% of the time all that stuff kind of blends into the background after the first few minutes

I pretty much agree completely with this.

Also I just think the gender of the main character should be whatever the story was written to be. If it was written to be a male then male all the way. If it was written to be a female then female all the way. You shouldn't have to change something just because you want to be different when the story you've written is suited for the other thing. If i had to choose between well-written stories, and gender variety, I would definitely go for good stories.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 11:09 AM by Kreekakon.)
09-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop? - by Kreekakon - 09-12-2013, 11:04 AM