Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
chineseroom Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-13-2013, 09:51 AM)Kein Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 09:38 AM)chineseroom Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 09:04 AM)Kotch Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 08:59 AM)chineseroom Wrote: Great stuff figuring some of the stuff in the notes. You're still light on investigating the hint text, which is Mandus really journeying deeper into his own self-knowledge. The rabbit hole goes quite a bit deeper still...
have fun!

At any point will you guys release something that explains the story?

I think the community are doing a pretty good job right now. What's also really important to me is that your own understanding of the story means as much as ours. I hate it when you get something you didn't think dictated to you. The discussion is the really interesting bit.

Can you at last tell us a bit more about custom endings that were removed or explain existence of vo_temple_orbend_1.ogg, vo_temple_orbend_2.ogg, vo_temple_orbend_3.oggvo_temple_orbhit_1.ogg, vo_temple_orbhit_2.ogg, vo_temple_orbhit_3.ogg ?

Yeah, there were originally two endings to the game. When we got close to alpha, I wasn't happy with the temple level at all and ended up actually redesigning 80-90% of it. At the same time, I looked again at the dual endings and discussed it with Thomas, Jens, Jess and the others and we decided that one really punchy ending was better and we were in danger of making weak endings for no purpose other than to having multiples.

So in these original endings, either Mandus chose to smash the hearts with debris and destroy the machine, or let a timer run down after which the Machine destroyed London. Both of those felt like a 'game' thing, not fitting strongly to the fiction, world or even characters, and I re-wrote and designed something more open to intepretation that played much more tightly to the plot and characters of the game. What does happen at the very end?

Not telling. You can figure it out, I'm sure.
09-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by chineseroom - 09-13-2013, 10:23 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM