Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Integria Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

I'm still not sure how sold I am on the idea of Mandus existing as two seperate entities at a time. It's a theory that solves a lot of the issues, but seems to raise more questions than it actually answers, and doesn't have much basis.

On my second playthrough, it seemed more like a raptured psyché. A duality within the same man.

So we each went our separate ways and one half built a machine instead, to hold his hate in and to keep his heart beating. And the other fell into a sleep, to blunt the pain. And then he had terrible dreams and when he awoke, the other had made ovens and killed and skinned and cooked all of those he held dear. And thus, holding onto his guts, he strode forth to find himself and make himself whole again.

It almost seemed as if it formed to seperate personalities, each unaware of the actions of the other, yet inhibiting the same physical form. One slept, the part of Mandus that simply wants to 'give up'.

The other takes action, makes himself a beast to avoid bearing the pain of being human. Judging from the journal entries, this seems to go on for quite a while - all the way up until you wake up in your bed.

At this point it seems that you are aligned with the other part of your psyché, only aware of the actions you have done through a haze. He strides back out to realize and remember what he has done, to make himself 'whole' again. To merge the polar sides of his split personality back together again.

I'm probably off, because I still can't align this with the ending.
09-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Integria - 09-13-2013, 08:11 PM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM