Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Integria Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-13-2013, 10:04 PM)aquilantiqua Wrote: There's something about the major symbolisms and references in AMFP that I haven't really seen many people touch on so I decided to make an account to add to the discussion.

Honestly, the whole story seems like it's based around a specific type of delusion called the Influencing Machine, stemming from the psyche of an insane Nietzsche fanboy.

I've brought up the refences to James Tilly Matthews a few times through this chest, in relation to the concept of the air loom and the probability of dealing with a protagonist affected by schizophrenia. I'm glad to see someone else bringing it up, because it seems quite pervasive to the entire story.

As for Nietzsche, I'm not sure how his works directly translate. I've read The Antichrist and Thus Spoke Zarathustra, but I didn't really consider any of it through my playthrough. His thoughts were evident at the time though, along with the entire concept of nihilism. It is quite possible that the pervasive part of the protanogist's schizm was influenced by Nietzsche. The reason I don't see it is because his works are never mentioned, he himself is never mentioned, and it is a very slim subset of Nietzsche's thoughts we'd be dealing with.

Besides, any proper Nietzsche fanboy knows to take arguments such as "God is dead" with a ton of salt. Tongue
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 10:27 PM by Integria.)
09-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Integria - 09-13-2013, 10:16 PM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM