Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
aquilantiqua Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

Today while futzing around reading about Jack the Ripper, I saw something about another serial killer from that time period who was a lot more, er, prolific than Jack. Just thought I would share.

A man named H. H. Holmes built a "hotel" in Chicago in 1889, which was actually an elaborate maze of a hundred rooms fit with things like false doors and stairways to nowhere, where he would trap people after luring them to stay in the hotel and then torture and dissect them. The guy killed hundreds of people in this place. He even had a chute, that he would send the dead or unconscious bodies down, that connected from the hotel to the basement filled with all sorts of really gruesome stuff. I thought that sounded quite familiar, in the way that Mandus had guests stay in those rooms and then send them down the chutes connected to the factory.

It was quite a sensational story in the 1890's after H. H. Holmes had finally been caught and his "hotel" revealed to be what it truly was, perhaps Mandus took inspiration from this guy's work Wink
09-15-2013, 03:55 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by aquilantiqua - 09-15-2013, 03:55 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM