Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
stasis Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

It is interesting to note, that February 1899’s excursion may not have been Mandus’ first venture into Mexico/South America. From what we can tell, he is a hunter of exotic game. With the exception of the Hippopotamus, all of the animals in the taxidermy room had been/are indigenous to Mexico and/or South America. If we consider the dates the animals were shot, it is possible that Mandus had been to such locations undoubtedly in April of 1892 and potentially June of 1898 (Mexican Grizzly bears were hunted to extinction by mid 20th century)

Giant Anteater shot April 12th 1892
Hippopotamus shot March 15th 1896
Grizzly Bear shot June 6th 1898
Jaguar
Harpy Eagle
Tapir
Tarantula
Butterfly Case (Morpho Didius)

What this signifies I wouldn’t know. If we were to run with the theory that the entire premise of A Machine for Pigs is a demented manifestation crafted by a schizophrenic mind, it could be yet another recurring subconscious theme of Mandus’ obsession and assimilation of Aztecan/ Mexican culture. If based in reality, then it could simply be
an interesting coincidence.

There is also a vase of white lilies in the room, as well as two in the hallway before entering.

I don’t know who this quote is from, and doubt it has any connection to the story, but I thought it interesting regardless:

“In my vision, I saw a Great Pyramid of stone and from it emerges a giant White Lily. As it gently blooms, the pyramid crumbled."
—Helene's Vision

One last thing, someone mentioned Mandus’ and Alexander’s coat of arms being the same. They are very similar, though one eagle has two heads [Mandus], while the other has one [Alexander].

Everyone here has come up with great theories. I’m curious to know more about how the Jack the Ripper and James Tilly Mathews allusions tie in…

All in all I love how much thought TCR put into this story.The symbolism, literary and real life allusions are so intricately interwoven, it gives the player much and more to consider.
09-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by stasis - 09-15-2013, 06:07 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM