Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
kojack Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-16-2013, 10:01 AM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote: Also, how much do we know about the engineer? I can only remember one reference to him, and that's a conversation between the professor and Mandus, where the Engineer is fully on-board and "has seen the evils of society" to heavily paraphrase? I'm assuming he's the guy who designed the machine?

Only the Professor uses the name Engineer. When talking to himself, Mandus uses the term Architect.
(Probably a minor point, but if people are searching for references, both terms are needed).

"At the centre of the planet, my architect tells me, there is a great iron ball. It is the egg of the world."
"and the architect has assured me that the excess is being stored safely deep within the factory."
"Assuming the same architect is responsible here as with the chemical plant"
"I am the architect. I am the saboteur. I am the man who murdered his children. I am the man who stood in the duck pond with his dead wife in his arms, wishing the water would bring her back to him. I am the voice on the telephone, I am the butcher who skinned the Professor and beat God to death against the air loom. Only one question remains now. Am I also The Machine?"

Anybody ever seen the movie Jacob's Ladder? It's plot twist could fit the story. Although I hope not, once you know the twist it kind of spoils the events leading up to it.
09-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by kojack - 09-16-2013, 11:40 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM