Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

http://amnesia.wikia.com/wiki/Oswald_Mandus

So I read that, and it sounds very cool, but it also looks like a hell of a lot of speculation:

1. Where in the game does it say that Mandus spilt his blood into the machine, giving it personality?
2. Those two objects in the pyramid are unidentifiable. They could just as easily be the children's hearts.(Seeing as there are cables upon which they are impaled.)

Although, I'm starting to waver in the "dream theory" a bit. The only reason I adapted that was because of the hallucinations, the teleports, and the improbable design of the machine, but it could just be Mandus' demented mind filling in the gaps, and him going full autopilot in those cases. (I'm thinking back to Batman: Arkham Asylum scarecrow encounters.)

So, reading that, assuming the speculation is solid, the game makes a little bit more sense to me, but I am still confused on the specific storyboard. I understand the major points of the game, but not the specific step-by step of THIS is exactly when the machine gained sentience.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-17-2013, 03:35 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Ghieri - 09-17-2013, 03:35 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM