Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Cybolic Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-22-2013, 11:33 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: The only thing that I am sure about (for myself of course) is that the temple under the London wasn't there, nope, it has been built by the Mandus. The twin of the mexican temple. That's something I am sure about. But that what I feel, I do not insist I am right and I do not have any exact arguments that I am right.

Do you mean that it was already there or that it was never there?

I see three options:

1. It was already there. This could be supported by "What ungodly temple is this? Beneath the vast boiler, that barnacle bruise, that cacophony, that barely-contained, that swollen heart of hate, what is this stillness, this silence, this palpable air of death I have found." (December 15th 1899). This could also just be him remembering or discovering the place again though. The idea that a twin temple just happens to be right under his factory is a bit too convenient for my taste in general.
  2. Mandus built it. The scale of it and the time frame he had to do it in (February till November at the most) just seems preposterous. I don't buy it.
  3. It was never real. I see no issues with this explanation. It fits with the exaggerated scale of the place and the unlikeliness of the two first options lead me to pick this as most likely correct.
As for when the children died, these two voice bits might support the Mexico theory:
"And, emerging, I raised my head to an uncaring sun and I cursed this world of pain and despair." and shortly after "Cradling a stone egg in my jacket, I kissed my children farewell and I crawled my way home.", though this comes rather late in the game, it is after Mandus has accepted the truth of things, lending to the idea that he now remembers leaving the children (or their life) behind in Mexico.

As for how they died, I mentioned previously the shattered skulls, but here might be why they are shattered: "He placed his head in the vice and spun the wheel until the skull cracked and the thoughts leaked onto his shoes. It relieved the pressure for a while, but it soon returned.".
Could it be that this isn't symbolism, but the killing of the first boy?
Also, are these his children he is carrying to the top of the pyramid? "The stairs are steep, the sun beating on his neck as he pulls them up. Veins pop on his forearms, but he cannot deviate, he is a man driven by love, only love."

As for the Orb, it's never explicitly mentioned that Mandus had one and the shadow is never mentioned either, so I wouldn't put much weight on TDD's lore in regards to AMFP.

I think we need a proper wiki to put the timeline and all the theories, pros and cons on.
09-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Cybolic - 09-23-2013, 01:45 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM