Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Ghorgul Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-26-2013, 09:23 PM)Alardem Wrote: Actually, I'd say it's the opposite: slaughtering a few million humans immediately was preferable to the entire human race suffering through the twentieth century that Mandus foresaw. The old 'kill thousands to save millions' idea.

*SPOILER ALERT*

'kill thousands to save millions' except, I think, in this case the machine was aiming for total genocide. In the game is implied atleast several times of some kind of huge nuclear explosion + in the extra voices not heard in actual game the machine talks of huge explosion. Plus the machine has clearly a nuclear reactor (even fusion reactor?) inside, and compound x is radioactive.

After having read the whole thread and all the material from game, the general plot seems very clear to me. Only thing I can't get and is bothering me is: is Mandus is dreaming during the whole game (and doing everything inside the machine?) or is Mandus actually doing everything in real world.. And why does he suddenly gain his conscience (and control of himself?) and decide to sabotage the machine, but forget almost everything related to machine after that? And I really don't get who is supposed to be in the life support pod in the end? I would say the body is that of Mandus, but I really don't get how could he have done everything then? Or had he been using some stitched up, custom body all the time? I think it's mentioned that his veins are filled with blue water (compound x)?

*SPOILERS END*

Anyway, first post for me, had to make an account to take part in this discussion. Excellent thread with so many intriguing theories and thoughts. Cheers!
09-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Ghorgul - 09-26-2013, 10:50 PM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM