Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Integria Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-27-2013, 01:47 AM)Kein Wrote:
(09-27-2013, 01:36 AM)Fortigurn Wrote: No, the Machine makes it sound like he had gangrene and amputated his foot.
Words "gangrene" and "foot" never mentioned in the game's language file regarding to Mandus (as if he had/experienced it). Nor in any documents. Nor in notes.
Assumption [noun]:
The act of taking for granted, or supposing a thing without proof; a supposition; an unwarrantable claim.

I personally assumed it was yellow fever (Yellow Jack) since it'd make sense with regards to time and location, though I doubt it matters.

(09-27-2013, 01:32 AM)Integria Wrote: I've been pondering this for a while, and I figured I'd mention it. There are a lot of references to the 'end of the century' and the 'ringing in of a new century' in the game. We all seem to assume that the game takes place in 1899, considering the notes we've found.

At this point I'm tempted to point out that the 20th century doesn't actually start until the 1st of January 1901. Which leaves me wondering...

Is the game actually set a year later than we seem to be assuming, or is this simply a matter of free interpretation from the developers? Point being that if the clock is ringing in 'the new century' at the end of the game, we'd technically be hitting the 1st of January 1901.
Based on the notes, all the events happens at 31 Dec.

They do seem to happen the 31st of December, but I'm saying that according to the in-notes , they're happening the 31st of December 1900. In other words, the 'newest' note we have is over a year old. Changes the timeline somewhat.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 02:07 AM by Integria.)
09-27-2013, 02:06 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 02:06 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM