Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(11-15-2013, 06:55 AM)Abraxas Wrote: Yeah, he built the Machine in part to 'spare them the world and its loam.'
Rationality aside, he still really felt it was the best course of action open to him. I mean, he was going down the drain financially, and he saw the world doing likewise in a moral sense. It'd have made less sense if he did nothing but bemoan the state of the world and do nothing.
Yes, he wanted to 'clean the world', but it wasn't his sole motivation, he had his children in mind.

It would have made more sense if he didn't try to save his kids by killing them, them building a machine which turns people into pies. I mean honestly, there is no rational connection between what The Machine did, and what it was supposed to achieve.

(11-15-2013, 06:57 AM)The Mug Wrote: I struggle to comprehend how murdering the entire world and turning their dead bodies into manpigs will prevent future murdering throughout the world. do I even understand what the fuck that machine was doing?

Well said; that is exactly my point.
11-15-2013, 07:01 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Fortigurn - 11-15-2013, 07:01 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM