Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
rotten Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(11-18-2013, 07:07 AM)Potato Wrote: Did anyone else notice that if you hadn't known anything about the game or its plot beforehand, you wouldn't have known who the hell Oswald was?

Seriously, it wasn't that much of an issue to me, until I watched some let's players who all got extremely puzzled at the very last loading screen. "Who's Oswald? Oswald is a new one." is the most common one I've heard. I just looked through the game files, and I found 1 Journal entry that mentions the name Oswald. Then I realized, Oswald was never mentioned by his first name, it was always Mandus, no notes with his name either. That's kind of an issue. I guess you could say it goes with both ways, that Daniel's last name isn't mentioned in TDD, or ever, though it's more of a problem if the first name of the main character isn't mentioned imo.

It's not an issue game-wise, it's an issue for those stupid-ass lets-players, who don't bother themselves reading any background info about the game. Oswald's name is mentioned:
Quote:The year is 1899. Wealthy industrialist Oswald Mandus has returned home from a disastrous expedition...
I don't know how dumb can one get (I'm not mentioning you, of course) to miss this from the website, from the steam or any other source, where the game is present.
11-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by rotten - 11-18-2013, 09:38 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM