Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Some new ideal for frictional games
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Some new ideal for frictional games

(09-17-2013, 02:57 AM)Alardem Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 12:02 AM)Mechavomit Wrote: Thanks to the Amnesia games I've come to the conclusion that the "in the past" setting works remarkably well for horror. Now, everything set in modern times seems boring and too "comfortable". The overwhelming majority of anything meant to scare you is set in an abandoned factory/hospital/house with murderous people/ghosts chasing you. A camcorder is likely to be involved.
The reason why I personally was so interested in Amnesia because I've never seen the stuff it had anywhere else. It was almost.. educational.
Also the before-electricity times tend to be very dark. Both literally and metaphorically. So.

On the contrary, I'm rather bored with the past. Not that I don't enjoy stories about it, but horror for me works best when it's in environments and a time period that I can relate to i.e. now and here.

It's why I prefer Penumbra's setting over Amnesia's, and why I'm glad to see that the few hints we've got so far of the new project point to something set in the near-future...

I'm the complete opposite. You can do much more things artistically and writing wise with older periods.

The contemporary world is ''plastic'', clean, clean cut, cold, etc.
09-17-2013, 03:08 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Some new ideal for frictional games - by zecuro - 09-12-2013, 06:40 AM
RE: Some new ideal for frictional games - by Cuyir - 09-17-2013, 03:08 AM