Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?
Arnold Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?

What's with all those hipster "2deep4u", "you just can't understand", "not for everyone", "elitist" fallacies when game studios produce something art-house which many people just do not want/appreciate (original ME3 ending, Gone Home and so much more indie visual novels)?

Why all those childish defense mechanisms - "only mature people can like it", "only after you reach IQ of 130 you can see beauty of this game" etc.? Not only that, but also stupid generalizations - "those who did not like AAMFP sure do play Amnesia only for youtube screams and scare factor", "if he disagrees he sure is uneducated redneck".

I'll tell you this - creating something weird for the sake of the weird or absense of usual "gamey" traits are not obligatory signs of a masterpiece. It can be done, but most of the art-house visual novels - and I would define AAMFP exactly as that - fail hard.

"Story-driven". Ok, it is story-driven, but AAMFP story, in my opinion, is subpar. Honestly, I liked TDD story so much more.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 09:19 AM by Arnold.)
09-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience? - by Arnold - 09-13-2013, 09:18 AM