Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?
SurvivalHorror Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?

(09-13-2013, 08:57 AM)chineseroom Wrote: I think before you head off on a 'purple prose' trip, you should consider this. The visuals and sound FX in the game aimed to create something like a sense of an authentic Victorian world (at least in the non-fantastical areas, not suggesting clockwork nuclear reactors are actually authentically Victorian of course) - so why not the language as well. Maybe go read some Victorian novels, or newspapers and then see whether it's really so different. And ask why it might be important to try and capture the feel of the language or if not, why a sense of an authentic world is paramount to visuals so should be avoided in the text...

You make valid points, but I really felt the vocabulary was embellishment to cover up for a rather uninteresting story.. Perhaps coming into the game after outlast and the first amnesia made me expect something similar.. I was just so frustrated at the lack of any semblance to survival horror.
09-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience? - by SurvivalHorror - 09-13-2013, 03:28 PM