Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?

(09-13-2013, 04:44 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 04:00 PM)Paddy Wrote: "Yeah, it had mutilated Frankensteined pigmen zombies working as slave labour in a giant secret underground machine by a man haunted by his own conscience for what he's done to his family and the people in his community as he pieces his memory back together after visiting sacrificial temples in Mexico...".

I bolded the parts that are cliche. Maybe that'll help shed some light on why I considered it uninteresting. Smile

Note that the only unbolded parts are those related to setting/background/theme.

But it's not quite as simple as that - if we were to avoid every single film that had cliché moments we wouldn't see ANY films. The same applies to games - many share very similar clichéd elements, but it's the telling of the tale that counts and, ultimately, the journey. (Speaking of 'Journey' (the wonderful PS3 game) THAT is full of clichés but does it matter? Nope, not a bit of it - it's the journey, the experience and the evoked emotions that ultimately count for so very much).

(09-13-2013, 03:28 PM)SurvivalHorror Wrote: You make valid points, but I really felt the vocabulary was embellishment to cover up for a rather uninteresting story..

So what would you call an 'interesting' story? I know, we're all different, yada-yada-yada but I'm curious what YOU would find interesitng in terms of story. I found the story in AAMFP fascinating. Or are you really trying to say that you didn't understand the story, hence the reason that you find it uninteresting?

(no insult intended, I'm genuinely curious).
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 05:33 PM by Ossie.)
09-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience? - by Ossie - 09-13-2013, 05:28 PM