Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?
Mechavomit Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?

AMFP is more suited for those, who give a damn about story. There are those who didn't even notice a story in TDD, so naturally, when they tried AMFP they immediately went " whut? is this even a game?". But that's not the problem, imo. The problem is the way the story is presented. Reading notes every 30 seconds (not even exaggerating) gets boring after a while, not to mention the language the notes are written in (you can be Victorian all you want, you can't speak like that 24/7). For me the game lacked not even gameplay, but visuals. It wasn't a book, because the already present things wouldn't allow me to imagine anything new and it wasn't a visual novel, because there were no visuals!
In the Dark Descent the torture rooms were the probably the most graphic thing I have ever experienced in games. And that's with no pictures, no cut-scenes and no character models. Just sounds and a bit of text (note: just a bit of text)
09-17-2013, 12:53 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience? - by Mechavomit - 09-17-2013, 12:53 AM