Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?
sailornaruto39 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?

(09-17-2013, 12:00 AM)Nyarlathotep Wrote:
Quote:The game isn't anymore suited for a mature audience than the first.

I agree here. But only because the first game picked up a huge audience that it probably wasn't aiming for. All of the Let's Plays and such, which while I have nothing against, most of the viewers care nothing more for the game than shallow thrills they can get from it. The game had more to offer than that, but many simply didn't appreciate it. So when Pigs, focuses more on the deeper storytelling aspects and goes even more subtle in presentation than the first, it threw a huge portion of that fanbase off.

And for the gameplay, it's not bad. It's just an extension of the storytelling. Which is what applied to most of The Dark Descent outside of its resource mechanics.

I get the feeling that people who don't warm up to this game, are going to be just as disappointed with Frictional's future offerings. Pay attention to their dev blog. Storytelling design is their main focus.

That is actually a very well explanation of the turn of events. But is it that off to want to be scared while playing a horror game? I don't know what audience they wanted to attract,but ppl play scary games to be scared.

But I disagree with what you said about gameplay, there kinda wasn't even really any gameplay. It really only consisted of reading, waking an pressing buttons.

So long as FT doesn't sacrifice gameplay for story (they aren't mutally exclusive) what they have to offer can't be that bad XD

"because you have an interaction with the player."
Well there wasn't much interaction in this game. XD
09-17-2013, 01:06 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience? - by sailornaruto39 - 09-17-2013, 01:06 AM