Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?

Quote:" The core of the game should not be about reading or watching cutscenes, it should be about playing."

Which is pratically all MFP is.

Pigs' is directly comparable to TDD here. The note reading situation is about the same, and neither game really has you watching cutscenes except for the openings and endings.

Regarding Pigs. There are a lot of entries dating back where they show their interest in Dear Esther and Korsakovia. And then some where they talk about how the collaboration came about.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/19992...eloper.php

Here's an easier link for me to find. But otherwise not much more to add on this thought.

And, regarding the linearity. That's something I consider a small flaw, as well. But nothing so bad as to ruin my experience. It just left me wanting to explore a little more than I was allowed to at times. The amount of detail in the environments mostly made up for it, though.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 06:04 AM by Nyarlathotep.)
09-17-2013, 06:03 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience? - by Nyarlathotep - 09-17-2013, 06:03 AM