Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?
Quizerno Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?

(09-17-2013, 05:05 PM)sailornaruto39 Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 05:03 PM)Quizerno Wrote: Crafted horror games are not for the screaming youtube generation, yes.

But to dismiss the criticism of AMFP as being from those not being intelligent enough to understand it is a misnomer.

The reason I liked TDD is because I felt part of the story, I felt I was lurking through the castle, I was lighting the candles, I was solving the puzzles and journeying. The mechanics and the atmosphere complimented each other.

AMFP gave me none of those feelings, AMFP doesn't feel like an Amnesia title, it feels like a cheap spin-off with bad purple prose scattered throughout. People like me didn't want to pay for a cheap spin-off.

I think the same reason you liked TDD is the same reasons the "youtube genration" liked it so much. Certainly it's why I enjoyed it, but I agree

How so? I like horror that's immersive and legitimately frightening, the youtube generation seems to like excessive jumpscares and dumb people screaming.
09-18-2013, 02:14 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience? - by Quizerno - 09-18-2013, 02:14 AM