Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Would AAMFP be better if it would NOT be considered a game, like Dear Esther?
GregorusPrime Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Would AAMFP be better if it would NOT be considered a game, like Dear Esther?

But people aren't saying it just to be arbitrary. They're saying it because their enjoyment of the experience is diminished by the lack of interactivity.

After playing a bit more I'm more convinced that this is the case than ever. The plot is more intriguing than I gave it credit for so far, but I can't help but think that yes, being able to throw books and such around would absolutely increase my enjoyment of the game. Can you honestly say that not being able to pick up and examine those weird pig masks doesn't disappoint you? Do you really think it's a good thing that significant objects in this game are differentiated by everything else by virtue of the fact that you can only do with them what you could do with EVERY object in TDD? Picking things up, opening drawers and cabinets, moving those damn brooms around and being able to attempt to open broken, impassable doors was important. It made the game world feel more real. It made it feel like you were really in a crumbling medieval castle rather than an amateurish haunted house where everything is nailed down so you don't mess it up.
09-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would AAMFP be better if it would NOT be considered a game, like Dear Esther? - by GregorusPrime - 09-15-2013, 09:09 AM