Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[Spoilers] How I felt after completing AMFP.
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: [Spoilers] How I felt after completing AMFP.

(09-15-2013, 05:28 PM)Kitsuki Wrote: Where was the music! Music plays a big part in creating an atmosphere, and when you heard the trademark music in Dark Descent which meant something was near, I **** my pants! I know some of you find the eerie silence more frightening, but I was disappointed at the lack of mob music

This is the first time I've heard this brought up and I kind of agree. The music and sound effects were great but the line between them felt blurred to the point where the soundtrack only stuck out if it came blaring on as an event stinger or emotional background to some narration.

The decision to exclude "monster near" music was probably part of their plan to make the game less predictable to TDD players, some of which who thought monster encounters were too easy because the music always cued them clearly enough that there was no surprise.

09-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Spoilers] How I felt after completing AMFP. - by Kurton - 09-15-2013, 07:10 PM