Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Scariest moment? (spoilerific thread)
Jim Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Scariest moment? (spoilerific thread)

I'll be honest, every pig encounter scared the bejeezuz out of me. (except for the thunderpig, but that's another thread) This is partially due to the fact that I took every precaution to make sure I WAS scared.

I played in pitch black, and I had my A40s turned way up. AMFP may not be TDD, but the sound design is good and running from things in the dark is still tense in an acute way. (Even if the chronic tension isn't there.) The fact that the pigs managed to beat me within an inch of my life a couple of times without ever killing me helped make it scarier.

Off-topic: Seriously though, if you like horror games and you're not using A40s, you're missing out. Once, I was watching Marble Hornets and someone was knocking on the door in the video, but it didn't show it on screen; so I paused the video and checked my door. I was freaked out for like 30 minutes because I thought there was a crazy guy knocking on my door IRL.

09-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scariest moment? (spoilerific thread) - by Jim - 09-16-2013, 10:26 PM