Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters!
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters!

Waste of time and talent. The game could be better, objectively. It's focused on the storyline, not on straight forward scares and horrors, but the storyline itself is not that good, objectively. There are a lot of problems with the development of the plot and intrigue, a lot of plot twists are predictable, badly predictable. As a result the whole idea of just expanding a Machine for Pigs and turning into somewhat the Dark Descent alike is a "waste of time and talent". In my very personal opinion, if anyone would ever decide to remake a Machine for Pigs and make it better, the very first thing that "anyone" should do is to edit the storyline itself. "Edit" does not mean to drastically change, but to... you know, editing is editing.

Clear example of what I am talking about. There are those children for whom we are looking everywhere. But it's absolutely clear there are no children alive. That's just a very bad complication of the plot. Objectively I believe. Just for example if Mandus would receive just a strange phone call "I have your children, do what I say if want to see them alive" without those ghosts-children running and speaking around, it could be a lot less predictable. I mean no children voices and figures running around at all. That's just an example of one single plot problem and how it could be solved without some drastic changes and intrusions into plot. Anyway, the goal of that post is to say that all your list of goals is nothing, "a waste of time and talent", if you're not going to fix plot "bugs". IMO of course. Everyone is free to do and think whatever they'd like to do or think.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 04:49 PM by Alex Ros.)
09-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - by PutraenusAlivius - 09-16-2013, 09:41 AM
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - by wretch - 09-16-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - by Unearthlybrutal - 09-16-2013, 10:28 AM
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters! - by Alex Ros - 09-18-2013, 04:42 PM